Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Where do cows go when they want a night out? To the moo-vies! Bahahaha!

I have never been one to keep a steady journal. I have about six unfinished journals dating as far back as the year 2000. Impressive? I don't think so, Pathetic? Indeed. I figure with an online journal I can write about once a week and still feel pretty dang good about myself. But now.. what to write about? It's not a question of having something to write ABOUT necessarily, but something that is internet appropriate, friend appropriate, and family appropriate. 



As many of you know I am happily pregers. We are 36 weeks today and will possibly be induced at the end of the week, if not then the beginning of next week. (We set the date tomorrow) Now that is something to blog about. We started out with an extremely easy pregnancy. I had morning sickness twice, I was rarely nauseous, I was working and I was healthy. But then badda-boom badda-bing, blood pressure issues. To all the mothers out there who have had preeclampsia, I feel you. To those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about (I didn't until we were high risk for it haha) Here is the short version.


pre·e·clamp·si·a/ˌprē-iˈklampsēə/
Noun: A condition in pregnancy characterized by high blood pressure, sometimes with fluid retention and proteinuria.


Pretty much, when you have high blood pressure your blood vessels constrict. I know many of you are thinking "Duh, Britt. I wasn't born yesterday." But the problem is, our placenta is primarily made up of blood vessels. So if that constricts.. it's bad for baby. Very bad. It causes the placenta to separate from the uterus. Gross, I know. Untreated preeclampsia can progress to eclampsia, a life-threatening situation for both mother and fetus which can bring on a coma and seizures. My friend had her son at 32 weeks because of preeclampsia. We have been lucky to have held out for so long but our doctor doesn't want to push it, hence the induction. 

I am so grateful to all our supportive friends and family. We can't wait to bring our little Khloë Isabell Clemens into the world. I know the bed rest will have paid off in a couple of days. Thanks to my amazing husband who has the patience of a saint. I'm sorry for the mood swings, the endless crying and the keeping you up all night. You are truly amazing and I am extremely lucky.

*Just a little FYI, to get the "ë" on her name you just have to hold the alt key and on the numeric pad push 137. There, you can say you learned something new today. :] I hope you all have a fan-freaking-tastic day and weren't too bored with my preeclampsia lecture!
Keep your head up mamma cow, it's almost over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment